Dining & Food
Here at The White Lion Inn Whissendine we pride ourselves on offering honest, seasonal homemade meals. All our produce where possible is locally sourced with eggs from Loodal Farm Whissendine, Fish from Scarborough Fayre Melton Mowbray and fresh produce and meat from local suppliers. Our menu offers dishes to suit every taste from traditional home cooked food to a few more creative and seasonal ones. Our menu is also accompanied by an ever changing specials board of limited edition dishes . To complement your meal we have a fine selection of Wines and real Ales for you to enjoy. We endeavour to cater for all your needs, so if you have a dietary requirement or special request, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Food at the White Lion is served: Monday – 5.30pm – 9pm (Except Bank Holidays when we will be open 12pm -2.30pm serving food and open all day for drinks) Please note we will be closed for Tuesday Lunch following a bank holiday Monday ( with normal food service Tuesday evening)
Monday: 5.30pm – 8.45pm
Tuesday to Friday: 12pm-2.30pm – 5.30pm- 8.45pm.
Saturday: 12pm – 2.30pm – 5.30pm – 8.45pm
Sunday: 12pm – 3pm. Serving a delicious three meat carvery (Normal menu is served from 5.30pm – 7.00pm on Sundays) – Last Orders 15 minutes before finish time. Please note:- we cease serving Sunday evening menu during the month of January/February)
Download Our Menus
- Take Away Fish and Chips – Telephone 01664 474233 to place your order. Order with garden or mushy peas.
- Something for the Little Ones – We have a children’s menu available, smaller portions of our homemade dishes as well as kids classics!
- Traditional Sunday Carvery £10.95 – served 12pm- 3pm. Booking advisable
- Senior Citizens Luncheon – £9.95 for two courses from our Senior Citizens Menu, available Tuesday to Friday 12 – 2.30pm
- Gluten free Menu available – We have a range of gluten free alternatives on our Gluten Free Menu
- Packed Lunches – If you’re going on a day trip, whether walking, cycling, or just visiting one of the many local attractions, we can make up some packed lunches. Just let us know what you’re after and we can cater for all appetites
- Indulgent Afternoon Teas – Come in for Afternoon Tea between 12 – 2.30pm A selection of finger sandwiches with fresh cream scone with strawberry jam and delicious Pastries. Served with unlimited pot of tea or coffee – £10.95 per person (BOOKINGS ONLY)
We are able to cater for all occasions from: Wedding Receptions, Anniversary celebrations, Birthdays and Funeral celebrations of life, Conference Meetings and Fishermen and their Catch. Please call us for a bespoke menu and costing for your occasion.